Trying to Sleep in the Bed I Made

Friday, March 16, 2007

The Rabbit Died


I always wondered what a rabbit had to do with pregnancy. I think I was maybe 20 before I found out that they used to perform a test using the appendix of a rabbit to determine if a woman was pregnant. I cannot assure you of the validity of this information as I believe I learned this little tidbit on an episode of MASH. You know the one... Hot Lips thinks she's pregnant by Lt Col Penobscott so they need the appendix of Radar's pet rabbit and Hawkeye performs an appendectomy on the rabbit so they won't have to kill it.... Anyway, it sure makes me grateful for the whole pee on a stick thing.

I peed on a stick yesterday. Two pink lines showed up. So I dragged my six year old to the grocery store in the pouring rain and bought two new sticks. I peed on the first one. Two pink lines showed up. I paced the room for about 45 minutes before my husband got home. I told him about the sticks. He smiled and laughed. I went to the bathroom and peed on the second new stick. Two pink lines showed up. Did you know that frequent urination is a sign of pregnancy? Apparently another sign is three positive pregnancy tests. I learned this yesterday.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 10:37 PM , Blogger Lex said...

OMG!!! YAY!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

Don't EVER complain about having to find out important information about me on my blog EVER again. EVER!!!!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 12:32 AM , Blogger CP said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...HOORAY for you...and for live bunnies and peesticks!

Great news, honey! Nice work!

CP.

 
At 12:18 AM , Blogger katrice said...

Congratulations!!!!

So you didn't believe the first two sticks, huh? LOL

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home